PLUMBING & HEATING TIPS
1) By shortening your showers by one or two minutes, you can save 5 gallons per day, per shower.
2) Washing only full loads of laundry can save 15 to 40 gallons per load.
3) Fix leaky faucets and save 20 gallons per day.
4) Replace old toilets with High Efficiency Toilets (HET) that you can find at Ehret Co.
5) You can use your water meter to check for hidden water leaks.
6) Insolate your water pipes
7) Install water saving shower heads and low flow faucet aerators
8) Check for toilet leaks by adding food coloring to the tank and wait to see if coloring appears in the bowl. Then flush to make sure tank is not stained.
9) If the toilet flush handle frequently sticks in the flush position, letting water run constantly, call us to replace or adjust it.
Heating & Air Conditioning:
1) Do not store anything in front of your heater
2) On your AC unit before it’s on make sure the condensing unit outside is not covered up.
3) Change the filters regularly in both heating unit and AC.
4) Make sure the thermostat is in the right position (heat when it is cold) and (cold when it is hot).
5) Replace thermostat batteries every 6 months.
6) Have your ducts cleaned.
7) Having programmable thermostats will save you cost on your energy bill since they are efficient.